Hey everyone, as you know in the last year, we here at Addicting Games have rebuilt our game portal from the ground up. Our new website is mobile friendly and features all our biggest hits converted to HTML5. This week, we launched our Game Pass subscription service. It is a new feature that grants members access to an ad-free experience, along with early access to exclusive games. The service is only $2.49 per month if you purchase a yearly subscription.
As you also may have noticed lately, in addition to working with developers who release single-player experiences, we also sponsor games in the io games category which are basically multiplayer HTML5 games. These sponsorships are mostly for smaller, indie game developers.
“One of the goals of web game hubs like Addicting Games is to give exposure to games and developers who don’t have any marketing or relationship with publishers to get their game out there. It is a mutually beneficial relationship because developers are paid with cash and other incentives while we receive content for our audience.”
Chris Scott, General Manager of Addicting Games.
We believe that introducing a subscription service will help everyone from users who like games but hate ads to developers who want their games in front of as many players as possible, “Addicting Games had a key role in making me grow as an indie game developer and reach the audience my games deserve.” says game developer Isaac Gurillo who just launched Slush.io with us and has had dozens of his own titles sponsored by Addicting Games in the past.
The subscription service we’re offering is one of the first of its kind for web-based games. While web games are typically supported by advertisements, a premium membership service, like ours, allows users to support their favorite developers without needing to suffer through advertisements. It also ensures accessibility to games on all devices, including tablets and mobile!
“We hope that the combined benefits of no ads and early access to our growing library of games are what makes Game Pass an attractive offer to everyone who visits Addicting Games this alternative revenue stream will also help us in securing more exclusive titles down the line, more Flash to HTML5 game conversions, and continued development of our mobile and tablet experience. We recognize that there are many choices out there these days, and we simply want to offer the best experience we possibly can.”
Matt Mirkovich, project manager.
Also, if you didn’t know: Addicting Games is part of the Destructoid family of websites. Exciting! If you visit their site and register, use the promo code “destruct” and it will upgrade your account to remove all ads and give you early access to all the upcoming game releases. We hope you all take advantage of everything we have to offer.
More from the blog
- Fruit Merge Is Here!
- The Apes.io X Diep.io Crossover Is Here
- Apes.io, Mope.io, And Little Big Snake Are Powering Up!
- Play Chess VS Computer At Gameknot
- Little Big Snake And Mope.io Plushies Are Here!
- Happy Holidays 2022 From Addicting Games.
- This Is Apes.io
- Halloween Updates From The Depths Of The Addicting Games Network
- Addicting Games Is 20 Years Old!
- Addicting Games Merch Is Here
- The Five Addicting Games You Need To Play Right Now
- The Most Addicting Games Of 2022 (So Far)
- Enter The Fractal Cup EV.IO Tournament And Win Big!
- Answering Those FAQ About Ev.io And NFTs
- EV.io Is Getting Into NFTs
- Mope.io Season 2 Is Here!!!
- Addicting Games Goes from 2021 To 2022 And Beyond
- Little Big Snake Introduces Pets!
- Inklink.io Is The Newest Addicting Game
- More Monster Games For This Halloween
- Addicting Games Acquires Tank Game Diep.io
- Who Are Our Favorite Streamers and Influencers?
- The Addicting Games Sphere Of Influence
- How To Play Flash Games in 2021
- Ev.io Is the Newest Addicting Game
- Little Big Snake Is On Discord And We Want You To Join Us
- Flash And The Future Of Addicting Games
- Typeracer Is Getting A Major Make-Over
- Our Ten Best Halloween Games
- Developer Of Mope.io Talks About Sale To Addicting Games.